Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Clipped out of a newspaper years ago. Excellent side dish with lots of flavor.
Make and share this Mushrooms in Sour Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add wine, salt, and pepper. Cook stirring often for 4-5 minutes, or until wine is reduced by half.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sour cream and parsley, stir well.
- Heat through and serve.
MADE FOR PAC, Fall 2009. All StacL's recipes are easy, but some are a little rich, LOL!! StacL, this was very nice, but I admit I used less sour cream, and olive oil instead of butter. I also used just a little less than 1 lbs mushrooms. Ours come in 200 g punnets, so I bought 200 g portabellinis and 200 g oyster mushrooms. (That's 400 g, about 3 1/3 oz less than 1 lb). There was enough liquid as the mushrooms shed some too. I used fresh Italian parsley. This is a simple but very tasty dish, and my tip would be to use more than one type of mushroom, if possible.