Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can be served over chicken or steak.
- 14.79 ml oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 453.59 g small to medium mushroom
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 0.25 ml hot pepper sauce (Texas Pete, Tabasco, etc.)
- 14.79 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley (optional)
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil and butter until very hot.
- Add mushrooms and saute. Keep pan hot while mushrooms brown slightly. Add wine and hot sauce. The liquid should evaporate quickly. Remove pan from heat. Put flour in bottom of cup measure. Add sour cream; mix flour in thoroughly (flour helps prevent sour cream from curdling).
- Stir cream mixture into mushrooms. Salt to taste.
- (All this can be done ahead of serving time. Reheat just before serving.) Sprinkle cheese and garnish with chopped parsley.
Yum! Simple and good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.