Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are fantastic spooned over toast, or a side dish to beef. If your mushooms are large then slice them.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 lbs button mushrooms
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large heavy Dutch oven or skillet over medium heat.
- Add/stir in flour to blend.
- Add in mushrooms, wine, broth, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce; cook until the mushrooms are tender and the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally (about 40 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.