Recipe by Mme M
This recipe comes from a forgotten French health magazine. Nothing could be simpler, but it is so very good...and almost no calories!
Top Review by Mirj
Very simple, easy to make, and delicious! I didn't peel my mushrooms, I never peel mushrooms, didn't even realize mushrooms needed peeling! I used freshly ground salt, really murky and delicious Syrian olive oil and even tossed in a bit of the lemon zest. I made this up in the morning right before I went to work and we had it for supper with grilled kabobs and a green salad. This is so incredibly easy I'm going to make it often! Thanks for posting!
Directions See How It's Made
- Take out the base of the mushrooms, then lift off the peel from the underside. Take a small sharp knife, take a 1/4 to a 1/2 inch bit of mushroom peel, and slowly lift off the peel, moving towards the center of the dome of the mushroom. Continue until all of the peel is off all of the mushrooms.
- Slice each mushroom into sliver thin slices, and put them in a wide, flattish bowl.
- Juice the lemon, and pour the juice over the mushroom slices. Drizzle the small amount of oil over the slices. Sprinkle the salt over the mushrooms.
- Make sure the mushroom slices don't stick together. You want lemon juice and salt on each slice. The oil helps adherence.
- Refrigerate this mix for several hours. You will see that the mushrooms have given off some of their own juice. Toss the slices so that the lemon/mushroom juice is well distributed.
- Check for desired salt content. Add more if desired.