Mme M's Note:
This recipe comes from a forgotten French health magazine. Nothing could be simpler, but it is so very good...and almost no calories!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take out the base of the mushrooms, then lift off the peel from the underside. Take a small sharp knife, take a 1/4 to a 1/2 inch bit of mushroom peel, and slowly lift off the peel, moving towards the center of the dome of the mushroom. Continue until all of the peel is off all of the mushrooms.
- 2Slice each mushroom into sliver thin slices, and put them in a wide, flattish bowl.
- 3Juice the lemon, and pour the juice over the mushroom slices. Drizzle the small amount of oil over the slices. Sprinkle the salt over the mushrooms.
- 4Make sure the mushroom slices don't stick together. You want lemon juice and salt on each slice. The oil helps adherence.
- 5Refrigerate this mix for several hours. You will see that the mushrooms have given off some of their own juice. Toss the slices so that the lemon/mushroom juice is well distributed.
- 6Check for desired salt content. Add more if desired.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushrooms in Lemon Juice
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 22.2
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 390.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g