Mushrooms in Cream Sherry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F/190°C.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet and saute mushrooms until just cooked. Remove mushrooms with slotted spoon and set aside.
- In same pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add flour to make a roux. Stir for 1-2 minutes. Add cream and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper, sherry and just enough paprika to give a bit of pinkness to the sauce. Stir until heated through.
- Return mushrooms and any juice that has collected to the cream sauce. Pour into greased baking dish.
- Mix breadcrumbs with the melted butter and spread over the mushrooms.
- Bake until brown and hot, about 15-20 minutes.