Another recipe from the Philadelphia Orchestra Cookbook.
Make and share this Mushrooms in Cream Sherry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375F/190°C.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet and saute mushrooms until just cooked. Remove mushrooms with slotted spoon and set aside.
- In same pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add flour to make a roux. Stir for 1-2 minutes. Add cream and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper, sherry and just enough paprika to give a bit of pinkness to the sauce. Stir until heated through.
- Return mushrooms and any juice that has collected to the cream sauce. Pour into greased baking dish.
- Mix breadcrumbs with the melted butter and spread over the mushrooms.
- Bake until brown and hot, about 15-20 minutes.
This was delicious. I followed the recipe exactly. Thank you for a great recipe. Made for Photo Tag 07
did this tonight for supper and was very pleased with the result. used white wine (dont drink sherry wine so didn't have any in) and served with squares of fried bread. a very 'english' way of preparing bread. traditionally stale bread soaked in bacon fat then fried, i prepare it with buttered fresh bread toasted under the grill. i mixed the breadcrumbs with grated parmesan cheese and it worked really well. thank you. it was appreciated by all the family