This is a recipe that I adapted from Jack Czarnecki's A Cook's Book of Mushrooms. It originally called for button mushrooms, but you can use other small mushrooms. It's good served over basmati rice. Don't skip the fresh cilantro! That really makes it. If you want to add some heat, throw in some hot chiles. It's also good with shrimp thrown in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the onions in oil until brown.
- 2Add the garlic and ginger and continue sauteing for one minute.
- 3Add the curry, coriander, cardamom, and cumin and continue sauteing for one minute.
- 4Stir in the mushrooms and coconut milk.
- 5Simmer until thickened, around 15 minutes.
- 6Salt to taste, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve over basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushrooms in Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.3
- Calories from Fat 527
- Total Fat 58.6 g
- Saturated Fat 37.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 122.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: