Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I use half cremini and half portabello mushrooms when I make this. This has a lot of flavor; try it with steak if you're an omnivore or over a baked potato if you're vegetarian.
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Wash and slice mushrooms and place in a nonstick skillet. Add vinegar, garlic, and sugar.
- Saute until mushrooms are tender, about 15 minutes, adding water as necessary so it has a little broth and doesn't dry out.
- Add soy sauce and lime juice, heat for a few minutes, and serve immediately.
A new favorite! A little too sweet, but will reduce amount of sugar next time. Thanks
I halved the recipe and found the mushrooms to be just a little bit too sweet for my taste. I loved the balsamic vinegar on the mushrooms though. Next time I'll just use a little less sugar, or maybe even none at all. Thanks for sharing, JeriBinNC.
I loved these. Will definitely be making them again.