Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and easy BBQ food. A mushroom lovers dream!
- 4.92 ml oil
- 45 g butter
- 150 g chestnut mushrooms, cleaned
- 250 g flat mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 14.79 ml chives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cut out 12 squares of aluminium foil, about 20cm square a piece.
- Divide into four piles of three squares each to give you plenty of layers of foil between the food and the grill.
- Oil and butter the top half of one square on each pile.
- Divide the mushrooms equally over the greased foil.
- Scatter over the garlic, chives, salt and pepper and dot with butter.
- Fold the foil around the mushrooms into a sealed packet.
- Cook for 10 minutes over a medium-hot BBQ, turning after 5 minutes.
- Serve straight from the foil.
Excellent! We went camping last weekend and I made these to serve with barbecued lamb chops. The garlic butter was delicious and we will definitely use this recipe again. Thanks Friedel and good luck on the road trip :)
This was very good, I think I will take this recipe to my next camping trip.Great outdoor recipe!!
I've tried so many mushroom recipes and just don't care for them. This one is awesome! I've made it 3 times since I've printed the recipe out. One of the times I added sliced onions with the mushrooms. I cooked them in the oven using Derf's instructions (Perfect) and would also like to try them BBQ'd some time this summer. Thanks!