Recipe by *Parsley*
Easy side dish recipe that uses frozen creamed spinach.
Top Review by Queen uh Cuisine
Thanks Parsley for another great recipe.....The spinach mixture had a lot of liquid so I poured off the excess and added 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs. I also added 3 cloves of garlic instead of two WOW..I will use 2 next time (my error) but I love garlic!! I asked my son how many stars and before I could finish my sentence he said "5"....I agree :) Made for PAC spring '09
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps, washed (3-4-inch in diameter)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 ounces frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- salt, as needed
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine thawed spinach, garlic, minced onion, salt and cheese. Set aside.
- Brush mushroom caps lightly with olive oil; sprinkle with pepper, and cayenne. Broil 6-8 inches from heat source, cap side up for about 6-8 minutes or until browned.
- Turn caps over, fill each evenly with thawed spinach mixture.
- Broil again for just a few minutes until lightly browned.