Recipe by CASunshine
I found this on Epicurious and was impressed enough to want to post it here and share. This is really quite easy, has a ton of flavor and is impressive. I use the Soy Vay Teriyaki in a bottle which is in the condiment section of my supermarket. The Soy Vay brand is thick, rich and first class! Delicious with a grilled steak.
Top Review by Merryannie
We love mushrooms in this house. Served these w/grilled ribeyes, baked potatoes & a lovely salad. Very good. I love to top my baked potato w/mushrooms as well. Sliced large sized button mushrooms into wide slices. Will make again. Nice flavor & I like that you can add, to your liking, the red pepper flakes. Thank you.
- 1 garlic clove, minced (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 lb mushroom, halved
- 1⁄4 cup medium-dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy skillet, cook garlic and red pepper flakes in butter over moderately low heat, stirring 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, sherry and teriyaki sauce and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender.
- Transfer mushrooms with a slotted spoon to a bowl and boil liquid until reduced to a thick glaze.
- Return mushrooms to skillet and stir to coat with glaze.
- Stir in parsley and salt and pepper to taste.