Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this on Epicurious and was impressed enough to want to post it here and share. This is really quite easy, has a ton of flavor and is impressive. I use the Soy Vay Teriyaki in a bottle which is in the condiment section of my supermarket. The Soy Vay brand is thick, rich and first class! Delicious with a grilled steak.
- In a heavy skillet, cook garlic and red pepper flakes in butter over moderately low heat, stirring 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, sherry and teriyaki sauce and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender.
- Transfer mushrooms with a slotted spoon to a bowl and boil liquid until reduced to a thick glaze.
- Return mushrooms to skillet and stir to coat with glaze.
- Stir in parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
We love mushrooms in this house. Served these w/grilled ribeyes, baked potatoes & a lovely salad. Very good. I love to top my baked potato w/mushrooms as well. Sliced large sized button mushrooms into wide slices. Will make again. Nice flavor & I like that you can add, to your liking, the red pepper flakes. Thank you.
This goes right in my Favorites cookbook! I made this exactly as posted, using mostly white mushrooms with some baby bellas. I even found the Soy Vey teriyaki that is recommended. This barely served 3 of us, though, so I would definitely make more next time. It's so good, and the red pepper gives it a nice kick. This made an excellent side dish for some grilled sirloin steaks. Thanks for sharing this easy and delicious recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2013.
A good side dish with steak. I used half teriyaki sauce and half worcheshire sauce.