1/2 Photos of Mushrooms Casino for a Crowd
1 hr 15 mins
I don't really care for mushrooms but I love these little gems. This is another one of the recipes from my recent cooking for 50 adventure.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse mushrooms in a colander. Pat dry with paper towels. Remove the stem from each mushroom then hollow out the center of each mushroom cap. Set caps aside. Finely dice the stems and pieces.
- 2Heat a heavy frying pan over medium high flame. Add bacon pieces & cook until almost done.(cooked but not crumbly).
- 3Remove bacon from pan and set aside. Pour off all the bacon drippings & reserve.
- 4Add sausage to the pan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Break up the sausage as it cooks.
- 5Stir onion & celery into sausage.
- 6Add hot sauce, Worcestershire, reserved mushroom pieces, cooked bacon, and the OLD BAY® Seasoning.
- 7Stir and cook until all vegetables are soft, about 4 minutes.
- 8Add bread crumbs to pan and carefully mix. If necessary, add bacon drippings to mixture to bind all ingredients together to achieve a stuffing consistency.
- 9Pour oil into a small bowl. Dipping a pastry brush into the oil, paint the outside of each mushroom cap.
- 10Place the caps on a sheet pan hollowed side up.
- 11Place an equal portion of the stuffing into each cap.
- 12At this point, these can be covered & refrigerated for later use. If chilled, bring back to room temp before proceeding.
- 13Broil until lightly browned or bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushrooms Casino for a Crowd
Serving Size: 1 (4604 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.7
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 75.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning