Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from a local cookbook, Celebrations On The Bayou. Do not let the cooking time deter you. The end result is worth it. Can be served as a party food or side dish. If serving as a side dish I like to sprinkle with grated parmesean cheese.
- In stockpot, melt butter and combine remaining sauce ingredients.
- Add mushrooms.
- Bring to a slow boil on medium heat.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook 3 hours.
- Remove cover and cook an additional 3 hours until liquid barely covers mushrooms.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Do not stir.
- Pour into container and refrigerate.
- Reheat to serve.
- Freezes beautifully.