Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Good opener for a traditional meal of Beef Burgundy.
Make and share this Mushrooms Aux Croustade recipe from Food.com.
- Cut baguette into 1/4" slices.
- Brown in oven or under broiler until golden.
- Set baguette slices aside.
- Saute small batches of mushrooms in butter in a heavy pan on high heat until browned and releasing juice.
- Add shallots and garlic when mushrooms are nearly done.
- Deglaze pan with white wine, leaving vegetable in pan.
- Add parsley, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve separately if desired or top browned baguette with mushroom mixture.
Served this as an appetizer with my Sunday Martini - It went over well. I used a new (new to me) Italian bread called Thintini - it is 6" round (which I cut into quarters) and when cut in half is 1/4" deep - perfect.. I did not toast them quite long enough. I think this recipe is best on a crisp base. I used Vermouth for the wine - great!. Added a few drops of Hot Thai Chili sauce when I served them. Thanks Queen Dragon Mom for a keeper
This made a wonderful snack lunch...definitely something way more exciting than the boring old cheese sandwich! I did change a few little things though: I fried the bread in the pan that I used to do the mushrooms - that way it seeped up the flavours. I also sprinkled some grated cheese over the top. Mmmmm, delicious!
Oh, soooo very good! AND oh, so glad you posted it! Made for French Food and Foto event.