Recipe by BrittanyS
Another fabulous "Mushroom Monday" recipe. This one comes together quickly in under 30 minutes. There are so many ways to customize this recipes, that if you don't have/like an ingredient, just substitute something you do have/like. I love black pepper, and added a lot to this recipe, use as much as you and your family like.
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 340 g shrimp
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- fresh black pepper
- soy sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook asparagus until tender in a large pot of boiling water. Remove with tongs and place in a bowl of cold water, this will stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Cook egg noodles in the same pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to a hot large pan or wok. Add garlic and shrimp, cook until shrimp are pink. Remove shrimp from pan using tongs, set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Add mushrooms and saute just until starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Return shrimp to the pan, and add asparagus, cherry tomotoes, black pepper and soy sauce to taste. Cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushroom mixture to noodles and toss to blend. Serve hot.