Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another fabulous "Mushroom Monday" recipe. This one comes together quickly in under 30 minutes. There are so many ways to customize this recipes, that if you don't have/like an ingredient, just substitute something you do have/like. I love black pepper, and added a lot to this recipe, use as much as you and your family like.
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 340 g shrimp
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- fresh black pepper
- soy sauce, to taste
- Cook asparagus until tender in a large pot of boiling water. Remove with tongs and place in a bowl of cold water, this will stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Cook egg noodles in the same pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to a hot large pan or wok. Add garlic and shrimp, cook until shrimp are pink. Remove shrimp from pan using tongs, set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Add mushrooms and saute just until starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Return shrimp to the pan, and add asparagus, cherry tomotoes, black pepper and soy sauce to taste. Cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushroom mixture to noodles and toss to blend. Serve hot.