Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love mushrooms and these were great.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried tarragon
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or 1 tablespoon green onion top
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 bunch watercress or 1 bunch butter lettuce
- For the dressing, mix together the oil, vinegars, mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper, and chives.
- Add the mushrooms to the dressing, mixing lightly.
- Add several sprigs of watercress.
- Chill briefly.
- Arrange the remaining watercress or butter lettuce on a platter and and mound the mushroom salad on top.
This was a good salad. I did perk it up by adding cranberries and sunflower seeds.
The dressing is marvelous! In addition to the mushrooms, I threw in some sliced celery and cucumber for crunch. I removed the tough stems from the watercress and ran my knife through them. Thanks for sharing!!
The only complaint I have with this recipe is the amount of mushrooms called for. I used more than 1/2 lb but found I still needed (wanted) more for four people. Great and different salad to serve on the side of a great meal! Thanks again Dancer^.