Recipe by Rita~
Top grilled meats or a baked potato or serve as a side.
Top Review by browniepie
This is the second recipe I've tried from Rita and it's wonderful. Easy to make and very delicious. I added the garlic a couple of minutes before the mushrooms. Used regular paprika as I didn't have smoked. Added a little salt and freshyly ground pepper at the end. Originally made it to top burgers but before I even made the burgers I tried it on some crusty bread and it was yummy!
- 12 ounces mushrooms (sliced or quatered)
- 1 onion, peeled halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter with olive oil in a sauce pan.
- Once the butter/oil is hot, add the thinly sliced onion. Stir until onions become tender and begin to lightly brown about 10 minutes.
- Mix the sliced mushrooms into the onions and finish the sauteing about 5 minutes.
- Add paprika, Worcestershire sauce, honey, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over steaks, poultry, mashed potatoes.