Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Top grilled meats or a baked potato or serve as a side.
- 12 ounces mushrooms (sliced or quatered)
- 1 onion, peeled halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Melt butter with olive oil in a sauce pan.
- Once the butter/oil is hot, add the thinly sliced onion. Stir until onions become tender and begin to lightly brown about 10 minutes.
- Mix the sliced mushrooms into the onions and finish the sauteing about 5 minutes.
- Add paprika, Worcestershire sauce, honey, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over steaks, poultry, mashed potatoes.
This is the second recipe I've tried from Rita and it's wonderful. Easy to make and very delicious. I added the garlic a couple of minutes before the mushrooms. Used regular paprika as I didn't have smoked. Added a little salt and freshyly ground pepper at the end. Originally made it to top burgers but before I even made the burgers I tried it on some crusty bread and it was yummy!
Excellent! Used regular paprika since I could not find smoked, Otherwise the same, and used honey given to me by a co-worker who has his own hives. Anyhow, I served this over a dish of previously-roasted turnips, potato and apple. Works very well with this! Made for veggie/vegan swap December 2010.
This was a very very tasty dish. Served it over our steaks with baked potatoes and a green salad. The only thing I did differently was to cut the recipe in half. Yummo! Made for French Forum - Paprika.