1/5 Photos of Mushrooms and Onions for Steak
Hey Jude's Note:
This is how I sauté mushrooms and onions to serve with grilled steak. I've been doing it this way for years and never really thought of it as a recipe until today when my husband mentioned that it was the best he'd ever had. If you have leftovers, make an omelet with them with smoked swiss cheese and serve with hot, steaming bowls of tomato soup with basil. Just trust me on that.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter and olive oil together in a frying pan and add the mushrooms and onions; let them cook slowly, over medium heat, until the mushrooms are getting a little brown and the onions are nice and soft, about 20 minutes.
- 2While there's still some moisture left from the mushrooms, add the Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt.
- 3The mixture will thicken and it's ready to serve.
- 4Serve with grilled steak and use leftovers for omelets.
- 5Makes 4 servings if served with steak.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushrooms and Onions for Steak
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 68.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g