Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found in the magazine Everyday Food. I love mushrooms and asparagus and what better way to fix them than this. For the mushrooms use a mix of button, cremini, and shitake or whatever you have on hand.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mixed mushrooms, trimmed and halved
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (1 pound)
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high and cook one-third of the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with more oil and remaining mushrooms. Add 2 teaspoons oil to skillet and cook asparagus, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add to mushrooms. Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet and cook shallot until translucent, 3 minutes. Add vinegar and mustard and stir to combine. Add broth and cook, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in honey then pour over vegetables. Toss to combine and transfer to a serving dish. Serve warm or at room temperature (toss before serving).
Aussie Swap #87: Very simple and easy side dish to prepare! I love the flavors in the vinaigrette - delicious! I can't wait to make this again!