Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch diagonals
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped trimmed mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts, stirred in a hot skillet until toasted (about 1 minute)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- hot cooked fettuccine
- Cook asparagus in a steaming rack set over simmer water, covered, until crisp-tender, about 5-7 minutes; set aside.
- In a large skillet; melt butter; add in mushrooms and onion; stir/saute until tender and moisture has cooked off, about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Stir in heavy cream; heat to boiling; add in asparagus; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese.