Recipe by TheGrumpyChef
Posted for ZWT 5. I have not tried this recipe yet, but I know I love mushrooms and garlic! Zaar would not let me use Alioli as an ingredient, it has a consistency of mayonaise, is heavily garlic flavored, but does not contain eggs. There is at least one recipe on Zaar for Alioli.
Top Review by momaphet
These were simple and delicious. Without the alioli, they were a little basic - only 4 stars; I was surprised what a difference the alioli made. I tried this both with sherry and with a Portueges Port . The sherry mushrooms have a little more delicate flavor. I skipped the bread as we were out and just put the alioli on top. Thanks Grumpy Chef for sharing your recipe. Reviewed for ZWT 5 for the Cooks With Dirty Faces.
- 4 -5 ounces mushrooms, stems removed and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- garlic mayonnaise (alioli)
- French bread, sliced into rounds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in pan. When the oil is hot, add the mushrooms, salt and sharry. Cover, and lower heat. Cook until liquid is released from mushrooms, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Toast bread slightly, just to dry it out a bit.
- Spread toast with alioli and top with mushrooms.
- Broil for about 30 seconds or until alioli starts to bubble.
- Serve warm.