1/1 Photo of Mushrooms a la Grecque
Mushrooms a la Grecque is a French dish in which mushrooms are prepared in a Greek style with lemon juice, olive oil, and Greek herbs and spices. This recipe is adapted from The Food of France
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/3 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups dry vermouth or 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 cup mineral water
- 1 lb button mushrooms or 1 lb white mushroom
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1Wash the mushrooms and set aside.
- 2Put the tomatoes, olive oil, vermouth or white wine, shallots, garlic, coriander seeds, bay leaf, thyme, and water in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Then put in the mushrooms, and simmer for 10 more minutes, uncovered.
- 4Remove the mushrooms and place in a serving dish.
- 5Boil the liquid until there is only 1 cup.
- 6Take out the bay leaf and thyme.
- 7Add the lemon juice, pinch of sugar, and a few grinds of sea salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Pour liquid over mushrooms; garnish with chopped parsley.
- 9Serve warm, or refrigerate and then serve chilled.
- 10*Youcan use a variety of mushrooms in place of the white mushrooms: Baby Portobellos, Crimini, Shitake.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushrooms a la Grecque
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.3
- Calories from Fat 651
- Total Fat 72.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: