1/4 Photos of Mushrooms a la Galera
can be served as an appetizer or used as a quesadilla filling
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wipe the mushrooms clean with a slightly damp cloth or paper towels; trim the bottoms of the stems and cut the mushrooms lengthwise into slices.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In a medium heavy skillet, fry the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp but not overbrowned.
- 4Lift out the bacon onto paper towels, letting as much fat as possible drain back into the pan.
- 5Pour the bacon fat into a large wide skillet and heat over medium-high heat until rippling.
- 6Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 7Add the mushrooms, chiles, and cilantro and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes, or until the juices released by the mushrooms have nearly evaporated.
- 8Remove from the heat.
- 9Preheat the broiler.
- 10Transfer the mushrooms to a wide broilerproof baking dish and scatter the bacon and the shredded cheese over the top.
- 11Run under the broiler for a few minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- 12Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushrooms a la Galera
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.8
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 150.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: