Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Clean and cut the mushrooms into ¼ inch dice, and sprinkle them with lemon juice.
- Melt 1 ounce of the butter in a small saucepan and soften the onion for several minutes without letting it brown.
- Stir in the mushrooms and let them stew gently for 5 minutes, covered.
- Season with salt and stir in the chopped parsley; keep the mixture hot.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and season with a little salt.
- Beat briefly with a fork until well mixed but do not over-beat as this will make the omelet tough.
- Heat half of the remaining butter in an omelet pan.
- At the moment when it starts to brown, pour in half the eggs, let them fry, moving them around briskly with a fork for a minute and lifting the edges to allow the uncooked mixture to run underneath.
- When just set put half the mushrooms across the middle and slide the omelet onto a heated plate, folding it over to make a half-moon shape as you do so.
- Fry the second omelet in the same way.