Fast as lightning appetizer. Adapted from a Good Food recipe for Wild Mushroom Tartlets; Serves 8
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Filling
- 500 g cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 big onion
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 150 -250 g gruyere cheese, thinly sliced
For the dough
- 1Heat up the oven to 200°C.
- 2Saute onion in in 3/4 of the butter until soft and slightly translucent in a big saucepan.
- 3Add mushrooms, rosemary and salt to taste and cook over high heat for 5 minutes, then add the wine and cook for another 5 minutes or so until liquid is absorbed. (If necessary drain the remaining liquid into the sink).
- 4Rinse the saucepan wall and use the remaining butter to saute the zucchini slices over high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- 5When the oven has warmed up to the desired temperature, put the puff pastry on a baking sheet and brush a 1 cm edge with beaten egg.
- 6Bake blind for 5-8 minutes or until the edges have started to puff up slightly.
- 7Take out of the oven, let cool for a bit and line with alternative slices of gruyere cheese (like a pedestrian crossing pattern).
- 8Spoon the mushrooms on top evenly. Add the zucchini slices on top.
- 9Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 more minutes until edges are puffed up and golden.
- 10Right before taking out of the oven sprinkle a little bit of parmesan or leftover gruyere on top. (optional).
- 11Enjoy warm with a side of fresh salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom, Zucchini, Gruyere Tartlet
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.9
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 63.6 mg
- Sodium 610.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 14.1 g