Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fast as lightning appetizer. Adapted from a Good Food recipe for Wild Mushroom Tartlets; Serves 8
Make and share this Mushroom, Zucchini, Gruyere Tartlet recipe from Food.com.
- Heat up the oven to 200°C.
- Saute onion in in 3/4 of the butter until soft and slightly translucent in a big saucepan.
- Add mushrooms, rosemary and salt to taste and cook over high heat for 5 minutes, then add the wine and cook for another 5 minutes or so until liquid is absorbed. (If necessary drain the remaining liquid into the sink).
- Rinse the saucepan wall and use the remaining butter to saute the zucchini slices over high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- When the oven has warmed up to the desired temperature, put the puff pastry on a baking sheet and brush a 1 cm edge with beaten egg.
- Bake blind for 5-8 minutes or until the edges have started to puff up slightly.
- Take out of the oven, let cool for a bit and line with alternative slices of gruyere cheese (like a pedestrian crossing pattern).
- Spoon the mushrooms on top evenly. Add the zucchini slices on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 more minutes until edges are puffed up and golden.
- Right before taking out of the oven sprinkle a little bit of parmesan or leftover gruyere on top. (optional).
- Enjoy warm with a side of fresh salad.
Great recipe, wonderful outcome. It's really easy and doesn't take much of your time. I'm sure it would work just as good with some blue cheese - will get back to you on that one ;)
It was delicious and I recommend it wholeheartedly