Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yet again I don't know if I made this up or got it from somewhere else. It's on a recipe card that I wrote out years ago
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (19 g) packageliptons cream of chicken soup mix, single serving size
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Cook chicken 5 minutes in butter.
- Add mushrooms and almonds.
- Cook chicken 5-10 minutes or until cooked. It depends on the thickness of the chicken.
- Remove and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile mix wine, soup and water. Heat until slightly thickened and warm (should only take about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Spoon over chicken and serve.
- ** I double the sauce ingredients (wine through to soup if serving with rice or pasta to spoon over it as well.
We enjoyed this for dinner tonight. The only cream of chicken soup mix I could get (that didn't contain noodles or croutons) was a Coles brand one and the single serve of 18g. Overall I found the sauce slightly salty but that could be the soup mix. I heated the water, wine and soup mix in the microwave in a jug for 30 seconds, stirred and gave it another 15 seconds (900 watt microwave). Due to allergy reasons of one diner I did not add the almonds (personally I would have loved them and think they could have made a difference). Thank you Chef at Heart, made for Please Review My Recipe, tag game.
This was very tasty and super simple! Followed the recipe exactly, using a mix of shitake, crimini & oyster mushrooms. Will probably leave out the almonds next time (just a personal preference). Thanks for the recipe!