Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A very tasty rice side dish :)
Top Review by Studentchef
This was good, although I did scale back the mushrooms from 3 cups to 2 cups. I'm not sure about the green onions thpugh, i found they were sauteed a little too much, since they cooked faster than the other vegetables.
- 4 tablespoons butter (can use oil)
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (about 8-oz)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (low-sodium is good to use)
- 1 (12 ounce) package wild rice (Uncle Ben's is good)
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over med-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, onions, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; saute 5 minutes, or until veggies are tender; set aside, keep warm.
- Add the broth to a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add rice; cover, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Season with salt to taste and more black pepper if desired.
- Stir in mushroom mixture; cook 1 minute, or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in pecans.