Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is really good as a side dish to baked chcken or pork chops. We loved it!
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Place wild rice in a bowl and cover with boiling water, soak for 1 hour, drain.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the mushroom mixture, wild rice, long grain rice, almonds, broth, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 75 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese, and bake 10 more minutes or until rice is tender.