Recipe by dicentra
Vegetarian Times. April 2007. I would top mine with Parmesan cheese, but that makes it not vegan.
Top Review by Lightchild247
I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from this meal, but I had all the ingredients, so I went ahead and made it. It looked a little incomplete as a main dish when it was finished, so I served it over pasta with parmesan on top. My husband thought that it was sort of bland. I'll probably make it again, but I'll have to come up with a way to add some more interest next time.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic oil, divided
- 1 lb button mushroom, halved
- 1 medium leek, white and pale green parts chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté mushrooms and leek 10 minutes, or until soft and golden. Stir in beans, broth, garlic and thyme, and cook 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pulse bread in food processor until crumbs form.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Add breadcrumbs and sauté 8 minutes, or until crispy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir parsley into bean mixture. Spoon into bowls and top with breadcrumbs.