Recipe by naipaula.kerr
The Fountains. Great appetizer or side dish.
Top Review by snapokc
THANK YOU so much for posting this delicious recipe!
Loved the Fountains restaurant and always ordered these before our meal.
This reciped is wonderful - identical to the restaurant version.
Tried it awhile back and just now getting around to posting a review.
Now if we could only recreate the Fountain Stopper...
- 20 -25 medium mushrooms
- 20 -25 pieces American cheese
- 1⁄2 lb Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1⁄4 lb sour cream
- 1⁄4 lb mayonnaise
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lb butter, at room temperature
- 1 lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion, peeled and finely diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend in a mixer cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and continuing mixing until creamy.
- Gently wash mushrooms and remove steams.
- Fill hole in cap with cream cheese mixture.
- Top each mushroom with a piece of cheese.
- Butter Topping:.
- Whip butter until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Place a dab of seasoned butter on top of cheese.
- Place mushrooms in shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.