Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the recipe that goes with the Mushroom Walnut loaf. However you can also serve this with steamed vegetables or brown rice or whatever you like.
- 946.36 ml water
- 29.58 ml onions, chopped
- 1.23 ml granulated garlic
- 29.58 ml Braggs liquid aminos
- 29.58 ml tamari soy sauce
- 118.29 ml mushrooms, and or 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 51.76 ml cornstarch mixed in with 1/4 cup water
- In a large saucepan, combine water, onions, garlic, aminos, tamari mushrooms and walnuts. Bring this mixture to a boil.
- Seperately mix the cornstarch and the 1/4 cup water and slowly add this mixture to the sauce.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens. About 10 minutes.
- Serve this with the mushroom walnut loaf or over steamed brown rice.
I thought this gravy was okay. I used regular soy sauce instead of tamari and thought the braggs overpowered the taste and added a bit of sugar to balance out the saltiness. I used about 3/4 cup mushrooms, no walnuts. The gravy was easy to make and I'm glad I tried it.
I've been a vegetarian for over 20 years now, and this is the FIRST time I've tried "gravy" since becoming a veggie. This recipe is fantastic! Absolutely fantastic! I used both mushrooms and walnuts and I think I probably used a bit more than a 1/2 cup of mushroom - and this was served with Mushroom Walnut Loaf(Vegetarian Meatloaf) Copycat from the Spot . Thank you SoCalCookerGal, for sharing this delightful recipe!!! Made for Veggie Swap.