Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This subtle-flavoured soup is another make-ahead recipe and is an excellent first course to a dinner party.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 50 g butter
- 2 leeks, diced
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 400 g white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 125 ml fresh cream
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- Saute onions in butter.
- Add leeks, potatoes and mushrooms and vegetable broth.
- Season to taste and simmer for 20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and blend until a smooth puree is formed.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Just before serving, stir in cream and garnish with chives.