Recipe by ReeLani
Found this one on a mushrooom website. Sounds really good, especially for cool Summer eating.
Top Review by CountryLady
I didn't think that I would like this salad but was I ever wrong - I ate a whole bowl before dinner!! Its just more proof that something that is good for you can also taste good. Some credit goes to recipe #17048 Italian Salad Drssing. Thanx ReeLani!!
- 10 ounces fresh white mushrooms, quartered (about 3 cups)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained,cut in strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing, homemade or prepared
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine mushrooms, peppers, beans, celery and 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Add dressing and parsley and toss to coat well, then stir in parsley.
- Serve topped with remaining cheese.
- Serve as is or over salad greens or mixed with 5 cups of cooked pasta.