Recipe by Scrapbook Lori
This was from Taste of Home Magazine, submitted by Anne Berger from Howell, Michigan. It is a nice light side dish that goes well with many things, and easy to prepare. I am posting to keep in my online cookbook to make again and again!!
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 10 ounces couscous (1 box)
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, bring broth and wine or additional broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic and onion in olive oil for approx 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook and stir for additional 2 minutes. Then add carrot, green onions, parsley, salt, thyme, and pepper; cook and stir until vegetables are tender (about 2 minutes more). Fluff couscous with a fork; stir into vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with almonds.