Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Taste of Home recipe for a crowd. It is so good. It tastes like it came from a restaurant.
- 4 lbs fresh mushrooms
- 4 large onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 quarts milk
- 4 (32 ounce) cartons chicken broth
- 2 (24 ounce) packages frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 3 (8 ounce) packages frozen corn, thawed
- 8 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In 3 or 4 soup kettles, saute the mushrooms and onions in butter until tender. Combine the flour, salt and pepper, stir into mushroom mixture until well blended. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil; cook 2 minutes longer or until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the broth, broccoli and corn; heat through. Just before serving, stir in cheese until melted.