Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tender veal scallops are topped with a light mushroom marsala wine sauce. Great with mashed potatoes seasoned with truffle oil.
- 8 ounces mushrooms (baby Bellas)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb veal scallops (About 1/8 Inch Thick.)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups marsala wine
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Place the seasoned flour in a plastic bag and add the veal scallops & shake until they are well coated. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter until hot. Add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown. Remove to a separate dish.
- Fry the scallops in the skillet one minute per side. Remove to the dish with the mushrooms.
- Add the Marsala wine, and deglaze, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom.
- Add the chicken broth and cook until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Stir in the cream and return the mushroom and veal to the pan to reheat.
- Serve the veal scallops with a good sized spoonful of the mushroom marsala sauce.
Quick, easy, and delicious! Be careful, the liquid evaporates quickly!
Simple and absolutely delicious! One of the better Marsala sauces...this is a keeper! Thanks Smurfetta!