Veal Cutlets are a very lean cut of meat. Very good for cutting fat and calories.
Make and share this Mushroom Veal Cutlets With Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced baby portabellas
- 12 ounces tomatoes, plum seeded, also can be canned diced
- 1 lb veal cutlet, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 10 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth, low salt
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and rosemary, stir 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cover pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and saute another 5 minutes until mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes until soft. Set aside.
- Season veal with salt and pepper and dust with flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add half of the veal and saute until brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer veal to a warm platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Cook remaining veal.
- Add broth and wine to pan and boil about 4 minutes, until reduced by half, scraping up the browned bits.
- Add mushroom mixture and blend together.
- Season sauce to taste and spoon over the veal.