Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I think I got this as a thanksgiving left over recipe, but I usually use left over crock pot chicken to make it. I have all of the original measurements here, but this recipe splits very well into single serving casserole dishes.
- 6 ounces long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 ounce breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked turkey, pieced
- 1 cup turkey gravy
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 325.
- Prepare rice as the packaging directs. You can leave out any salt or fat.
- While rice is cooking combine the bread crumbs with the parmesan.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and add the onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Saute until the onion is tender (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and add rice. Mix this well.
- Transfer mixture to a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish that has been coated with the cooking spray, then sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake at 325 for about 30 minutes, you are looking for a nice golden brown color.