Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Really Healthy, yummy soup. This is quick and easy and a real family pleaser
Make and share this Mushroom Tortellini Spinach Tomato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped or sliced carrot
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (800 g) can stewed tomatoes (28 ounces can)
- 400 g cheese tortellini (14 ounce package) or 400 g mushroom tortellini (14 ounce package)
- 400 g fresh spinach, chopped
- kosher salt
- cracked pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Saute the onion, garlic and carrots, stirring often until onions are translucent.
- Add broth, mushrooms and tomatoes, turn heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
- Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions.
- When tortellini is almost done, add spinach and taste, adjusting seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Garnish each serving with a sprinkling of Parmesan.
What a delicious hearty soup! My husband and I both loved it.