From Dinnertime Express. Quick cooking soup with wonderful aroma.
Make and share this Mushroom Tortellini in Curry Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated mushroom tortellini
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, snipped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a medium saucepan cook shallot, jalapeno pepper, curry powder, and garlic in hot oil about 1 minute or until shallot is tender.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, tortellini, and basil.
- Cook and stir about 5 minutes more or until pasta is tender but stil firm.
- Stir in the tomato and cook until heated through, but do not boil.
- Ladle into soup bowls and enjoy!
I really liked this soup a lot. It was a creative (and tasty) use of tortellini. Next time I'll probably add some more Indian-type spices (some garam masala or coriander, maybe); it's very good as written, too. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Asha!
this was a really good pre- dinner soup, i made this as a first course for an asian themed dinner. i did add 1 tbsp sambal olek, for added heat, the flavor was great and it cooked as directed.
This was quick to prepare and had an intriguing flavor. I was surprised to find a recipe using tortellini in this way, but so glad your recipe popped up in the random recipe search. I did throw in a cup of frozen mixed vegetables when adding the tortellini to give the soup a bit more substance. I also used 1 1/2 t. dried basil as I was out of fresh. All in all a recipe I will keep in my fast to fix cookbook as it uses ingredients I normally have on hand. Thanks AshaK!