My son forgot his lunch today so I brought it to the middle school. While walking down the hall to the office, I smelled this soup and had to ask for the recipe! The cooking teacher said this is what the 8th graders had made. I am posting it here so that I don't lose it! It's originally from a magazine (not sure which one) in the holiday appetizer section, 1996. PS-Yes, of course I told her about Recipezaar!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook onion, celery and garlic in 2 tablespoons of the margarine or butter in a large saucepan till tender.
- 2Add 1 1/2 cups of the mushrooms and cook 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- 3Stir in undrained tomatoes, broth, cream, dill, and dash of pepper.
- 4Bring to boiling; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
- 5Cool slightly.
- 6Place half the tomato mixture in a blender container or food processor bowl.
- 7Cover and blend or process until smooth and then repeat with remaining mixture.
- 8Return all to saucepan; heat through.
- 9Meanwhile, cook remaining mushrooms in remaining margarine or butter for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 10Ladle soup into 4 bowls and garnish with cooked mushrooms.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom-Tomato Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g