Recipe by NotQuiteVegetarian
This is based on a Pampas Pastry recipe that I've had for years. I added the tomato and onion to give it just that bit more pizazz! Also, I substituted puff pastry for the shortcrust pastry in the original recipe. If you make too much filling for the pie case, you can refrigerate it for up to two days and use it in a savoury omelette or scramble.
Top Review by Catherine Robson
My family enjoyed this very much. Bacon, eggs and mushrooms are always a winner in our house. Very quick to put togeather. My only error was being a little heavy handed with the mushrooms because we love them, however this created a little too much fluid for the pastry - but if I stuck to the recipe I am sure this would not have happened. Thanks for sharing Sussan
- 2 sheets ready rolled puff pastry, thawed
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- milk, to glaze
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190-200 degrees.
- Line a 20cm pie dish with baking paper.
- Place 1 sheet of pastry over the paper.
- Trim edges.
- Place bacon, mushrooms, tomato and onion in pastry case.
- Season with black pepper.
- Crack eggs over filling.
- Top pie with remaining sheet of pastry.
- Trim and crimp edges.
- Glaze top of pie with milk.
- Cut a vent in centre of pie.
- Bake for 25-20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.