Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from the Horn of the Moon Cookbook. This is really rich and makes a lot. (I wonder if it would freeze well.) You might want to halve this recipe. Serve with salad and crusty bread.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 quarts water
- 1 lb dry fettuccine (try the spinach kind)
- 1 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Melt 2 tbls butter in large frying pan. Sauté the onions, garlic, dill and basil.
- After 5 minutes add the tofu and continue to cook until tofu is nicely browned.
- Add soy sauce and stir. Add mushrooms salt and cayenne.
- Lower heat and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add sour cream and parsley to mushrooms. Mix well.
- Melt remaining 2 tbls butter in saucepan and add the poppy seeds.
- Cook 5-10 minutes. Pour onto noodles and toss.
both me and my husband really enjoyed this recipe, he's actually not a huge fan of most tofu. i did use olive oil instead of butter and omitted the poppy seeds. i also added some whipping cream along with the sour cream, a touch of lemon juice.
I thought this was a very good dish. This was my very first time trying tofu and I have to say, it was very good in this recipe. I love mushrooms and so I knew this would be good. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because I thought it needed some more seasonings. I added some salt and pepper to mine on the table. But thanks for a great tofu dish! I will make it again for sure!