1/1 Photo of Mushroom Tofu Stroganoff
This is from the Horn of the Moon Cookbook. This is really rich and makes a lot. (I wonder if it would freeze well.) You might want to halve this recipe. Serve with salad and crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 1/2 lbs tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 quarts water
- 1 lb dry fettuccine (try the spinach kind)
- 1 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1Melt 2 tbls butter in large frying pan. Sauté the onions, garlic, dill and basil.
- 2After 5 minutes add the tofu and continue to cook until tofu is nicely browned.
- 3Add soy sauce and stir. Add mushrooms salt and cayenne.
- 4Lower heat and cook another 5 minutes.
- 5Add sour cream and parsley to mushrooms. Mix well.
- 6Melt remaining 2 tbls butter in saucepan and add the poppy seeds.
- 7Cook 5-10 minutes. Pour onto noodles and toss.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Tofu Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.8
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 103.8 mg
- Sodium 450.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 21.7 g