Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for a brunch or light lunch quick and easy to make
- 10 g butter
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 sprig thyme leaves, picked
- 4 slices thick white bread
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- heat grill to high.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and fry mushrooms until tender. Add garlic and thyme and cook for another minute.
- Toast the bread, top with the mushrooms and then the cheese.
- Grill until cheese is brown and bubbly.
This was really quick and easy. I made it for brunch for my 5-yr old and myself. I used sandwich slices of cheddar to make cleanup and prep a bit simpler. Thanks for the recipe!
I prepared this for a light lunch for DH and I today! It is delicious! I used baby portabello mushrooms and sharp cheddar cheese! I also used two cloves of garlic â€“ yummy! I am sure we will have these often! They will be so good with a bowl of hearty soup when the weather gets cooler! Thanks Pink Cherry Blossom!