Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a very satisfying appetizer from Cindy Pawclyn.
Make and share this Mushroom Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Saute the shallots in butter in a large skillet over low heat, until tender.
- Add the mushrooms and saute 5 minutes more.
- Add thyme and white wine, turning the heat to medium high.
- Reduce the liquid until it almost evaporates (about 10 minutes).
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil again.
- Lower heat to medium and reduce this mixture by half.
- Stir in the cream and seasonings.
- Cook until thickened, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- The mixture should coat the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- To serve: spread about 1 tablespoon of the mushroom mixture onto each slice of french bread and set under the broiler until hot.