Recipe by pines506
These are so good. I have prepared the mushroom mix in advance and just topped the toast and baked right before serving. Great as appetizers or as a lunch with soup or salad.
Top Review by Tassasmum
really really yummy, but I adlibbed a bit by putting bacon in mine, plus what I did was I cut up a french loaf and put the thin slices to line a quiche plate, then i poured the mix on top and added cheese and served it out like that. really nice, thanks
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 4 slices firm bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute mushrooms in heated butter in a large pan until they begin to brown lightly.
- Mix in garlic, salt, pepper, nutmeg, lemon juice and cream.
- Cook stirring until cream starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Place bread in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spoon mushrooms evenly over toast and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake at 450F until mushrooms and cream look bubbly, 5-8 minutes.
- Serve at once. Slice into triangles for appetizers.