Recipe by Denise in NH
A very easy to throw together pasta dish that is delicious--especially if you are a mushroom lover like me. Cooking time includes the boiling of the spaghetti.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 12 ounces provolone cheese, slices
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, cut into thick slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup wine (a good white wine)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Cook spaghetti as label directs.
- cut cheese slices into small pieces (reserve 1/2 cup for topping).
- Melt butter in 3 quart saucepan over medium heat and saute onion and mushrooms till tender (about 5 minutes).
- stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk & wine.
- Add cheese & parsley stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and cheese is melted.
- place hot spaghetti in large deep oven proof dish.
- Pour sauce over hot spaghetti and sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted.