Recipe by Lainey39
This could serve 1 or 2, depending on how hungry you both are. Update 4/15/07: Mushrooms should be sauteed in separate skillet and drained of any liquid before adding to the sour cream. I also changed the recipe to use regular cheddar cheese, finely grated.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I doubled this recipe and added 1/2 cup mayonnaise in with the sour cream, also 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and some cayenne, I used regular white button mushrooms in place of the shiitake, I really should have tripled this as I only got a small taste, my DS and DH enjoyed this, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
- 2 -3 ounces fettuccine, broken in half
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen creamed spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shiitake mushroom, sauteed (drain excess liquid before adding to sour cream)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, preferably fresh
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, finely grated
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the fettuccine until al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- In same saucepan, add the creamed spinach and cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Stir in the sour cream and sauteed mushrooms, season to taste with salt.
- Add the reserved pasta and toss to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to a small baking dish.
- Preheat a toaster oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and cheese.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on the pasta and bake until golden, about 10 minutes.