Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This could serve 1 or 2, depending on how hungry you both are. Update 4/15/07: Mushrooms should be sauteed in separate skillet and drained of any liquid before adding to the sour cream. I also changed the recipe to use regular cheddar cheese, finely grated.
- 2 -3 ounces fettuccine, broken in half
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen creamed spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shiitake mushroom, sauteed (drain excess liquid before adding to sour cream)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, preferably fresh
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, finely grated
- salt, to taste
- In large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the fettuccine until al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- In same saucepan, add the creamed spinach and cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Stir in the sour cream and sauteed mushrooms, season to taste with salt.
- Add the reserved pasta and toss to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to a small baking dish.
- Preheat a toaster oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and cheese.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on the pasta and bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
I doubled this recipe and added 1/2 cup mayonnaise in with the sour cream, also 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and some cayenne, I used regular white button mushrooms in place of the shiitake, I really should have tripled this as I only got a small taste, my DS and DH enjoyed this, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
Mushrooms are one of my favorite veggies and this dish is delicious. I will definitely make again.
This was good but two inconsistencies in the recipe made it difficult to prepare. Step #4 says to add turkey, but no turkey is listed in the ingredients so I didn't add any turkey as I was making this as a side dish. Also, the directions never mention what to do with the mushrooms, which is odd because the recipe is called 'Mushroom Tetrazzini'! I ended up lightly sauteing the mushrooms right before step #3, then proceeded with the rest of the recipe except for the addition of the turkey. The taste was OK, a bit mushy and I'll never use reduced fat cheddar cheese again....it just doesn't have the right taste or consistency and, in my opinion, if you're going to use cheese, go for the best! Sorry for the 3 * Lainey....the recipe needs to be edited.