Recipe by Kasha
From the French Elle Magazine, Arielle Dombasle's grandmother's recipe. Make in a loaf pan or terrine, cut in slices or cubes. Good hot, cold or room temp. Only 4 ingredients.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Melt in the butter in a large pan and add the mushrooms and onion, if using, sauté until all of the water has come out of the mushrooms and evaporated.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Beat eggs, flour, salt, pepper in a big bowl.
- Add cooked mushrooms and mix.
- Pour into greased loaf pan or terrine.
- Cook in a bain marie, a large pan filled with water that you put the loaf pan into for 40 minutes.
- Cool a bit, unmold.
- Cut into slices or cubes.
- Eat as is or add a bit of white sauce.
- I like it room temp, in cubes, as is.